Avon by the sea
PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE COMING TO THE BEACH
In accordance with the Orders of the Governor and CDC Guidelines, the following regulations are being implemented for Avon-By-The-Sea beaches, Summer 2020
- The beach will be open for swimming with Lifeguards on the weekends of May 23, May 30, June 6, and June 13 and daily starting on June 15.
- The beach and boardwalk will close at 8 PM.
- In order to help protect the public and Borough Employees, we request anybody buying a beach badge at the tag booth, walking on the boardwalk or entering or exiting the beach wear a face covering or mask.
- Daily Badges only sold on line starting on May 23 with a limited number available. Check the Borough website.
- No Parking Ocean Ave. with the exception of the handicap spots. No Diagonal Parking at all in the Borough. As a result, Parking will be limited this season.
- Bathroom availability will be reduced and one shower will be open to rinse off. However, showers will not be available at the outset of the season. Bathrooms will only be opened on weekends until June 15. The use of face coverings or masks are strongly encouraged while using the bathroom facilities.
- Soft coolers only allowed. No hard coolers will be allowed on the beach and boardwalk.
- No picnicking on streets, sidewalks or boardwalk.
- Benches are removed from the boardwalk, walking or running allowed only, bicycle riding will be allowed before 9 AM. Sitting or congregating on the boardwalk is prohibited.
- Pursuant to Governor’s Executive Order #143, no organized or activities or sports on the beach.