All badge sales, including seasonal and daily badges, must be purchased online at www.springlakeboro.org
as there will be no cash or credit card sales at the beachfront. Sales will be limited. Once the limit has been reached, sales will close. Daily badges will be sold by areas of the beach.
Restrooms and Beach Amenities:
Bathrooms will be open with new cleaning protocols and social distancing guidelines enforced. Showers and water fountains will not be available. Residents and visitors are required to wear masks when utilizing bathrooms, snack bars and access points, as well as when interacting with beach staff, lifeguards or police officers.
The boardwalk remains closed except at the designated access points.
Parking is free
Update from the town council,
Update on Beach Season
Spring Lake Beaches will open on Saturday, May 23. We recognize that this will be an unusual summer. In formalizing our final plan for opening, we took into consideration the available guidance from the Governor’s Office, the health and safety of our residents, visitors and staff as well as the common sense restrictions we are allowed to put in place. We can restrict the capacity on the beaches but we are not permitted to restrict beaches to residents only, either through badge sales or parking.
Our plan is to open the beach with limited capacity, while leaving the boardwalk closed. The parking restriction will be lifted Monday, 5/18. Social distancing protocols are required at all times.
To ensure your safety and the safety of other beachgoers and our staff, masks are required when interacting with any member of the beach staff (including life guards, gate attendants and police officers). They are also required when using or waiting to use restrooms, snack bars and pavilion locker areas. Since social distancing is impossible on some of the beach access points, masks are required on the access walks from the street to the beach.
• No badge sales at the oceanfront. Daily badges may be purchased on the Borough website only. Online sales for DAILY badges will begin on Wed, May 20 at 10am. Pickup of pre-purchased daily badges will be at the Spring Lake train station starting Fri, May 22 8am-3pm. No refunds.
• Boardwalk is closed except for designated access points.
• Multiple beach access points will be open to encourage all beachgoers to spread out on the beach. Please maintain at least 6 feet distance between all people and leave at least 12 feet between your towel/chair and those of other beachgoers.
• Large groups, gatherings and organized activities are prohibited.
• Only small soft coolers with food and non-alcoholic beverages permitted. ALL TRASH MUST BE CARRIED OUT.
Capacity will be monitored regularly to determine if it is necessary to reduce or restrict access to specific areas of the beach. If conditions at the beachfront become unsafe, we will modify our plan. With your help, we believe we can provide a safe and enjoyable beach season in Spring Lake. Thank you.